Other Legal Services

We Provide a Variety of Legal Services in New Tecumseth


Unbundled Services


Clients today like to pick and choose what they want from a menu of legal services. Perhaps you want help with court documents; perhaps you want a lawyer to represent you at court. Perhaps you simply want some coaching with respect to court process or what the judge or mediator is likely to advise. We offer unbundled services, to allow you to pick and choose.




Roxanne is a member of the Ontario Association for Family Mediation, which defines family mediation as follows: “Family mediation is a way of helping people resolve issues relating to parenting, separation, and/or divorce. A trained family mediator helps people identify issues and work out their own solutions in a safe and comfortable setting.” Save money, save emotional wear and tear, save time. Contact us to make a mediation appointment today.


Collaborative Law


Collaborative Law is different for two reasons. First, a team of experts, including a financial specialist, a family professional, and a lawyer for each of you and your spouse, work together to support the two of you in negotiating and achieving settlement on your family issues. Second, this occurs outside of the Court litigation process – all parties sign a contract at the beginning, agreeing that all negotiations stay outside of litigation. Roxanne is the only lawyer in New Tecumseth certified in Collaborative Law.


Independent Legal Advice


Our lawyers can review and discuss the contents of a Pre-Nup, Separation Agreement or Cohabitation Agreement, giving you legal advice on the rights and responsibilities involved.


Travel Consents


Authorities, in particular customs officers or airline personnel, want to know that minor children are travelling with the written consent of both parties. This requirement for a signed and notarized travel consent applies to travel by car, airplane, or other modes of transportation, and applies to travel outside Canada’s border. The Government of Canada recommends that a Travel Consent be completed if a minor child is travelling within Canada alone, with only one parent, with friends or relatives or with a group.


When travelling with one parent, a Travel Consent form signed by the parent staying at home, and notarized by a Notary Public (lawyer) is a common requirement. When travelling without either parent, the child or their adult companion should carry a notarized Travel Consent form signed by each parent. This avoids the disappointment of being delayed or denied the opportunity to travel.


Notaries and Commissions


Our lawyers can notarize a number of different documents and forms, including ID verification, vaccination forms and notarized true copies of original documents.


Our Law Clerks can also commission documents for you, such as Affidavits, Financial Statements and exhibits.


trusted and effective representation

Information you need to know:

You’re separated, but your children are travelling with grandparents – what to do.

Received threats from an ex? Read what you can do.

My ex is really nasty when he calls me. I have asked him to stop, but he persists. What can I do?

How can I help out my child and their spouse to purchase a home, but keep my contribution safe if they breakup?

When can I leave my child alone?

I hear that some lawyers offer unbundled services. Do you do that?

I want to name my baby a fun name but my mother says I cannot. Why can’t I name my baby anything I want to? It is my baby.

My wife beats me up when she is angry.

I met my match online a few months ago. He is perfect!

I broke up with my partner and I’m seeing someone else. Now my ex is threatening me, and I’m scared!

There is a history of Alzheimer’s in my family, and I feel like I’m a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Is there anything I can do to prevent it?

I have custody of our daughter who received an inheritance. Now my wife says I can’t keep the money, my wife says she gets the money.

I am so scared right now and the news about what to do with the Covid virus around us, is overwhelming. Do you have some simple tips?

My wife and I are fighting because of the kids. I want them to go to school in September and she wants to home school them, but we need two incomes to pay the bills! Can you help guide us here?

I have been divorced for several years after a long marriage and now I feel brave enough to have started several online relationships, but I am confused; what does DTR mean? And what is going on when someone just stops responding?

When we were dating, my boyfriend was very sweet, but six months into living together and things have changed. He wants to control all my purchases, wants access to my bank account without giving me his, had me pay for his car repairs, and borrowed $10,000 from me which he isn’t paying back. Is this a problem or should I just roll with it? I really love him.

My son keeps texting when he is driving; he says it is okay because the phone is not in his hand. I think this is dangerous, he won’t listen. Is he right?

My wife and I travel to the States at least twice a year. Now I am worried because we have our banking and other confidential information on our phones. What should we do?

I make too much to qualify for legal aid, but cannot afford a lawyer.

My adult daughter and her three children moved in, months ago with my husband and I. She sleeps and cries all day, and leaves the children to us. My husband says, “Is her or him?” What do I do?

How do I protect myself when hiring a contractor?

I have decided to represent myself in a criminal matter. What does indictable, hybrid, and summary mean?

My ex and I have been separated for over a year, and things have not been going well. He recently told me that he has been taping our telephone conversations. Is he allowed to do that without my knowledge or consent? He is threatening to use these recordings in Court!

My husband controls all our finances, including my paycheck. He does all our shopping including the grocery shopping, saying I don’t know what to buy. My co-worker says he is abusive, he says he is caring. What is domestic abuse?

The risks of representing yourself in family court.

I have a family dispute. What are my options?

This Covid-19 pandemic is dragging on and on, and it feels like forever. I am so tired, and so anxious. I am so scared of doing the wrong thing. Every decision- do I go to the grocery store or not? How often? is an ordeal; Then I feel guilty because other people are so much worse off. I just want it to get back to normal! How do I cope?

My wife is immune compromised, and we don’t want to send our kids back to school this fall, but our youngest (age 10) did not do well with online learning. What are our options?

I heard that a friend of mine and his girlfriend were each fined $850 for driving around together in Barrie. This isn’t true, is it?

I am really concerned about my teenagers. The youngest is not dealing well with Covid 19 anxiety and with the social isolation preventing her from doing her usual sports and other activities. I have tried to talk to my ex about it, but he just says they need to toughen up and won’t listen. What can I do?

My ex-boyfriend was charged with domestic violence and isn’t supposed to contact me. He keeps reaching out, telling me he loves me and wanting to get back together. What do I do?




before your ex does

The sooner you can resolve your family issues, the sooner you can move on with your life. We can help you.